"The Best Little Museum on Highway 50, America's Loneliest Road"
Currently Open for Tours
The Museum’s Main Building, built in 1957 as a Safeway grocery store. With the help of community volunteers, the Churchill County Museum opened in the building on July 4, 1968.
The Museum’s West Annex, completed in 2000, houses communications and transportation artifacts including buggies, fire engines, a blacksmith shop, telephones, and a 1912 steam roller.
The Woodliff Novelty Store, built about 1911, was moved frequently over the years, coming to its final home on the museum grounds in 1982. It was restored and opened to the public two years later. The post office boxes from Hazen, in use from 1904 to 1977, are also housed in this building.
Our Mission at the Museum
The Churchill County Museum Association’s Board of Trustees are guided in artifact collection by our mission statement:
To collect, preserve, exhibit and share those artifacts, photographs
and documents that serve to illustrate the story of man and nature in Churchill County.
Around the Churchill County Community
We would like to help you learn more about the Churchill County area. Here are some links for more information about the area: